Syracuse Wedding DJ | Utica Wedding DJ | Central New York Wedding DJ | Corporate DJ | Voiceovers :: 315.542.2112
One of the best things about the Syracuse area is that there’s a vibrant city life, but you don’t have to drive too far to get “out to the country.” And when it comes to getting married in a country setting with a beautiful view for miles around, it’s tough to beat the Skyline Lodge and Highland Forest County Park in Fabius. That’s where Meghan and Ryan held their wedding ceremony and reception this past August.
The park–known by just as many for Skyline Lodge’s views as for its hiking and mountain biking trails–is situated just off Route 80 in Fabius. From Syracuse, it’s a straight shot south on Interstate 81 to Tully, then east on 80. Even though it’s relatively close to Syracuse, it’s just far enough away that you can’t quite see the city from the lodge’s beautifully-landscaped deck, which offers a commanding view to the north, east and west.
Here are the songs Meghan and Ryan selected for the key moments of their reception.
- Ceremony Processional: Jonsi / We Bought a Zoo
- Ceremony Bridal Entrance: Bon Iver / Holocene (instrumental)
- Ceremony Recessional: Queen / Crazy Little Thing Called Love
- Wedding Party Intros: Grouplove / Tongue Tied
- Bride and Groom Entrance: Black Keys / Everlasting Light
- First Dance: Bones of JR Jones / Hearts Racing
- Bride / Father Dance: Tim McGraw / My Little Girl
- Groom / Mother Dance: James Taylor / You’ve Got a Friend
- Last Dance of the Night for Everyone: Queen / Fat Bottomed Girls
And here are some shots graciously shared by Meghan and Ryan’s wedding photographer, Renée Rorer. I somehow forgot my own camera, so I was taking photos with my phone — which got destroyed after the reception (thanks in part to the lodge staff shutting off the parking lot lights before while I was still loading-out, but we’ll save that story for another time). So, my sincere thanks to Renée for allowing me to share her photos — please check out her website at reneerorer.com!
Click any photo below for a larger version.
As you can see, a great time had by all — and thanks again to Renée Rorer for sharing her photos. Thanks also to Meghan and Ryan for choosing me to be your wedding DJ! I had a great time, glad to see you did as well.