Who we are
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
- DJ Services Quote Request form – This form only collects the responses you provide to the questions therein. It does not collect IP numbers. The form cannot be submitted unless you have responded to all “required” fields, as the required fields are necessary for Peter Naughton to
- provide an accurate price quote for your event, and;
- to create a contract if you accept the quote and decide to book DJ services.
All form responses are emailed directly to Peter Naughton and the information is used strictly by Peter Naughton only, to conduct business with you. If you do not feel comfortable providing this information via the web form, the Contact page includes alternate methods to contact Peter Naughton.
- Wedding Planning Form access is only granted to couples who have booked Peter Naughton to provide DJ services for a wedding event. This form only collects the responses you provide to the questions therein. It does not collect any IP numbers. Information saved on this form is stored in a database on the Peter Naughton Productions web server so that users can “save” their work-in-progress and login again at a later time to continue updating the form. Once the user hits the “submit” button, all form responses are emailed to Peter Naughton, but the form data remains visible to the user; this allows users to continue to add new information or update existing information.
Although the form responses are not emailed to Peter Naughton until the user hits the “submit” button, Peter Naughton has Administrator capability to manually view responses prior to the user hitting the “submit” button. This Administator viewing capability is typically used only when a user forgets to submit the form, and Peter Naughton needs access to the form data in order to prepare for the user’s wedding event.
Use of the Wedding Planning Form is 100% optional; those who wish not to use it may instead use the paper version which is provided at or prior to the time of booking DJ services. Peter Naughton is also open to the idea of accepting wedding planning details (e.g. timeline, song requests, announcements, etc.) from couples in any other format of the couple’s choosing.
- Post-Event Survey access is only granted to couples who have booked Peter Naughton to provide DJ services. Similar to the above forms, this form only collects information provided by the user. All form responses are emailed to Peter Naughton and copied to the user at the email address provided by the user.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, social media posts, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
General site traffic statistics are recorded by two services: Jetpack and Google.
Personally, Peter Naughton only has time to view stats occasionally, as a matter of general curiosity to see how much traffic the site is getting on a given day, which pages are getting the most views, and a rough idea of how people are finding this website. Peter also sometimes reviews “aggregate” data for overall trends, such as how many people are using mobile devices vs. desktop/laptop computers.
Aggregate totals are helpful to me in making sure any design elements of the site are functional on any type of device. For example, check out the site menu at the top of the page… it’ll look much different on your phone than it does on a desktop or laptop screen. If you have a tablet and it’s within a certain size range, the menu might even switch versions just by rotating your screen 90 degrees.
Aggregate data means I can’t pinpoint specific users and what kinds of devices they are using: I only see overall totals. For example, it might tell me that 45% of my site visitors in the past month were using computers, and 55% were using mobile devices.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For couples who book Peter Naughton for DJ services and are granted a username/password to access the client-exclusive forms (e.g. the Wedding Planning Form and the Review Form), your “user profile” is maintained indefinitely. When I create a user account for a couple, the profile consists of very little information:
- Your username
- Your email address
- Both of the couple’s first names are saved as the “first name” on the profile (this is only visible to Peter Naughton and is done this way for organizational purposes).
- The couple’s wedding date is saved as the “last name” on the profile (this is only visible to Peter Naughton and is done this way for organizational purposes).
User profiles are only visible to Peter Naughton and created with the sole purpose of granting clients access to the client-exclusive forms described above. By default, WordPress retains user profiles indefinitely. However, Peter Naughton occasionally purges all accounts of clients who no longer have any use for the client-exclusive areas of the website. A client is considered to no longer have a use for the client-exclusive areas once their wedding event has passed (they no longer need to use the Wedding Planning Form) and they have completed their post-event survey.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. Please note that this only includes data stored within the website. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes. (For example, the Wedding Planning Form is considered to be a rider to the DJ services contract.)
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Your contact information
The contact information provided by clients (or prospective clients) through the Quote Request Form is sent directly to Peter Naughton and is only used by Peter Naughton to respond to your request. If you choose to book Peter Naughton for DJ services, this information is then used to create a DJ services contract, and to maintain communication with you regarding the DJ services for your event. Your contact information is never shared with any other party.
The contact information provided via the Comments form is only used as described in the comments section above.
Links to external privacy policies (e.g. Google, Jetpack, etc.) were accurate and actively working as of May 25, 2018. Since I don’t control any of those websites, these links could be subject to change at any time. If you try to access one of those external privacy policies and the link is no longer active, please let me know and I will try to get it corrected promptly.