Syracuse - Utica - Central New York Wedding DJ | Corporate Event DJ | Voiceovers :: 315.542.2112
I was thrilled when I first heard from Mallory and Jason, because their wedding plans would bring me back to my alma mater, SUNY Oswego. Specifically, they chose to host their ceremony and reception in the barn at the college’s Fallbrook Recreation Center, a few miles away from the main campus. What a beautiful place to host a wedding!
For this event, the ceremony was held on a covered deck adjacent to the barn, and then the rest of the reception was held in the barn itself. I had one of my speakers at the back of the deck for the ceremony, then moved it back over to the dance floor once the cocktail hour started. Although I feared the heat might prevent guests from dancing, we had a good crowd on the dance floor all night.
Because I know many brides-to-be are interested, here were the major requests Mallory and Jason made in advance:
- Ceremony Processional: “Gold” by Interference.
- Ceremony Bridal Entrance: “Sea of Love” by Cat Power.
- Ceremony Recessional: “You Make My Dreams Come True” by Hall & Oates.
- Wedding Party Intros: “New York, New York” by Frank Sinatra.
- Bride and Groom Entrance: “The Way You Look Tonight” by Frank Sinatra.
- First Dance: “The Luckiest” by Ben Folds and the West Australian Symphony Orchestra (WASO).
- Dollar Dances:
- “If I Had $1,000,000” by Barenaked Ladies.
- “Rich Girl” by Hall & Oates.
- “She Works Hard for the Money” by Donna Summer.
- “You’ve Got a Friend in Me” by Randy Newman.
- Bride / Father Dance: “Father and Daughter” by Paul Simon.
- Groom / Mother Dance: “It’s Your Song” by Garth Brooks.
- Pie Cutting: “Love and Marriage” by Frank Sinatra.
- Bouquet Toss: “Single Ladies” by Beyoncé.
- Last Dance of the Night: “Con Te Partiro (Time to Say Goodbye)” by Andrea Bocelli and Sarah Brightman.
Here are some photos I snapped during the event:
One more neat thing about this wedding: it was my second time working alongside Sarah Heppell Photography! She’s got even more photos (and they all look much better than mine) on her blog.
On WeddingWire, Jason provided a 5-star review, and wrote, “Thank you Peter. Great service!” Thank you, Jason and Mallory — it was an honor to be a part of your special day, and I wish you all the best!!