Syracuse - Utica - Central New York Wedding DJ | Corporate Event DJ | Voiceovers :: 315.542.2112
For most Central New Yorkers, any mention of “Old Forge” immediately brings up thoughts of the popular water park that’s been up there for many years. But there’s a lot more to Old Forge — like Nick’s Lake, a few miles “off the beaten path,” offering a serene and scenic venue for Trisha and Joshua’s ceremony and reception.
Trisha and Joshua live out-of-state and had a separate gathering for friends and family who couldn’t make it to Old Forge, so this was a smaller, more intimate gathering for Trisha’s friends and family “back home” here in CNY.
The venue provided a great setting — there was electricity available under a spacious pavilion, so we had adequate shelter in case of any bad weather (it looked threatening all afternoon, but never rained). A short walk away, guests had the option to spend time enjoying beach access to the lake, along with some scenic trails through the forest. Some guests had booked cabins so they could continue the party into the night without having to drive home right after.
Before we get to the photos, here are the songs Trisha and Joshua selected for the afternoon’s key moments:
- Ceremony Processional: Sleeping at Last / Turning Page
- Ceremony Bridal Entrance: traditional wedding march
- Wedding Party Intros: x
- First Dance: Adam Sandler / Grow Old With You
- Bride / Father Dance: Phil Collins / You’ll Be in My Heart
- Groom / Mother Dance: Rascal Flatts / My Wish
- Cake Cutting: Jason Mraz / I’m Yours and Warrant / Cherry Pie
- Last Dance for Everyone: Louis Armstrong / What a Wonderful World
- Last Dance for Bride and Groom: Bill Medley & Jennifer Warnes / Time of My Life
And here are some photos from the day… with the disclaimer that I had misplaced my camera, so these were all taken from my phone. Apologies for some blurriness here and there.
This wedding presented two “firsts” for me: this was my first time DJ’ing an event in Old Forge. It was also the first time that I DJ’ed the wedding for a sibling of a previous wedding customer! One of Trisha’s brothers is Rob, whose wedding I DJ’ed two years earlier in Cicero… so I want to thank Rob for recommending me, and I want to thank Trisha and Joshua for taking Rob’s suggestion!